|Population statistics (as of 2001)|
|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
- The archaeological site of Assiros Toumba, a 4000 yr old settlement mound, is located within the territory of modern Assiros (formerly Guvesne). Excavation between 1975 and 1989 at this site has made a major contribution to understanding the nature of settlement, society, economy and material culture in prehistoric Macedonia. In addition a combination of radiocarbon and dendrochronological research on building timbers recovered from the site has provided one of the few accurate dates for the transition from Bronze to Iron Age in the Aegean area c. 1070 BC.
- ↑ "Δείτε τη Διοικητική Διαίρεση" (in Greek). Hellenic Interior Ministry. www.ypes.gr. http://www.ypes.gr/UserFiles/f0ff9297-f516-40ff-a70e-eca84e2ec9b9/D_diairesi.xls. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Assiros Project web pages
- Thracians and Mycenaeans: Proceedings of the Fourth International Congress
- The Oxford Illustrated History of Prehistoric Europe by Barry W. Cunliffe
- Urbanism in the Aegean Bronze Age by Keith Branigan
|30px||This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|