Pre-Indo-European means "preceding an indoeuropean language". It may refer to various languages or linguistic hypotheses depending on the context:
- pre-Proto-Indo-European: for internal reconstruction aiming at the recovery of a stage earlier than the Proto-Indo-European language
- Old European culture: for pre-Indo-European as used by Marija Gimbutas.
- Indo-European substrate hypotheses
- Substrate in Vedic Sanskrit
- Pre-Greek substrate
- Indo-Aryan superstrate in Mitanni
- Pre-Celtic or "para-Celtic"
- Tyrrhenian languages
- Vasconic languages
- Hurro-Urartian languages (substrate in Anatolian)
- Pre-Roman peoples of the Iberian Peninsula
|30px|| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.