Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rudna Glava (Ore Head) is a mining site in present-day eastern Serbia that demonstrates one of the earliest evidences of European copper mining and metallurgy, dating to the 5th millennium BC. Shafts were cut into the hillside, with scaffolding constructed for easy access to the veins of ore. It belongs to the Vinča culture, as is shown by pottery-finds.
- Borislav Jovanović, Rudna Glava, najstarije rudarstvo bakra na centralnom Balkanu. Bor, Muzej rudarstva i metalurgije/Beograd, Arheološki institut 1982.
- J. P. Mallory and Martin E. Huld, "Metal", Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture, Fitzroy Dearborn, 1997.
- Archeology - Archaeometallurgy
- Encarta Bronze Age article
- ↑ http://www.muzeuluniriialba.ro/docs/apulum/articole/40.%20sentmiklosi.pdf
- ↑ Tasić, 1995, p. 157.